We've launched our Lottery page
for more details please click here
To buy tickets please follow this link.
Make a Donation. Choose us as your charity. Donate your services
Letter from the Chief Executive Officer
Most people have heard of the Citizens Advice service (or Citizens Advice Bureau as we used to be known). We’ve been serving in your community for 80 years this month. Twenty years ago this month, the three CABs in Telford joined together to become one. We help people with problems from debts to housing to benefits to parking fines, to relationship breakdown and much more besides. We are there when a crisis hits, giving free, impartial, confidential, independent advice. We sort out around 20,000 problems each year and help more than 1 in 10 of the people of Telford. This means that we have probably helped someone in your family, your neighbours or your friends.
You may even have used one of our services yourself, or seen one of our campaigns warning people about financial scams or campaigning for better regulation of fuel tariffs or fairer finance charges.
But not everyone knows that we are a local charity which is locally funded to work with the communities in Telford. Increasingly, our income is under threat and we have to make every penny work twice as hard. This is why we are asking you for a donation. To give you an example:
- £90 pays for materials for our campaigning work
- £136 pays for an average volunteer’s travel expenses for one year
- £250 allows us to maintain an information point at a local library for a year
- £500 pays for the recruitment and training of a generalist advisor; we are aiming to recruit 20 each year
- £1,000 would allow us to freshen up all of our interview rooms at Tan Bank
- £1.250 buys us all the reference material and information subscriptions we need to stay up to date for a year
- £1,527 pays for our central office premises, housing 30 staff and more than 70 volunteers for one month
- £5,497 pays for one day per week of a trained adviser to serve a deprived community for one year helping local people with their problems
We also accept gifts in kind of boxes of good quality photocopier paper, as-new office furniture and seating, wall paint in a neutral colour, display equipment, stationery, ICT equipment including computers  (Windows 10 compatible), monitors and peripherals.
We also appreciate groups who wish to fundraise for us by undertaking an event, sporting challenge or promotion on our behalf and can give support and materials to any group wishing to do this.
To donate, please send a cheque to Citizens Advice Telford & the Wrekin, 40 Tan Bank, Wellington, TF1 1HW or email me at email@example.com for details of how to make a bank-to-bank payment. We are very grateful for every penny.
I hope that you will consider giving a gift to Citizens Advice Telford & the Wrekin in our birthday year, in recognition of the great work done by our staff and volunteers, so that if you or your family or friends have a crisis, we can be there to help.
Chief Executive Officer
 Please ensure that these are certified as clear of all previous material