Customer Service Volunteer
What will you do?
- Working closely with our frontline team on reception
- Registering clients to our national database (Casebook)
- Supporting local food banks in providing food parcels to clients in need
- Taking incoming calls from our enquiry line
What is in it for you?
- make a real difference to people’s lives
- supporting a team of qualified advisers, providing a wide range of support to over 5,000 clients every year, including around 44% who declare a disability or long-term health condition
- gain in-depth knowledge about specific issues, including how different medical conditions affect people’s ability to undertake day to day activities
- build on valuable skills such as communication, questioning and listening, interpreting information and summarising
- continuous training and development opportunities
- increase your employability
- work with a range of different people, independently and in a team
- have a positive impact in your community
And we will reimburse expenses too.
What do you need to have?
You do not need specific qualifications or skills, but you will need to:
- be friendly and approachable
- be non-judgmental and respect views, values and cultures that are different to your own
- have excellent listening skills
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- have good maths and IT skills
- be able to understand complex information and explain it to others in a way that is easy to understand
- be willing to learn about and follow the Citizens Advice aims, principles
- and policies, including confidentiality and data protection
- be willing to undertake training in your role
- have a drive to undertake further research and development to support clients, including staying on top of current legislation
How much time do you need to give?
We ask for a minimum of 8 hours per week, which can be over one day or spread over two days, for at least 12 months.
We can be flexible so come and talk to us.
Our volunteers come from a range of backgrounds, and we particularly welcome applications from disabled people, people with physical or mental health conditions, LGBTQ+ and non-binary people, and people from Ethnic Minority communities.
If you are interested in becoming a Customer Services Volunteer and would like to discuss flexibility around location, time, ‘what you will do’ and how we can support you please contact us.
To apply, please complete the application form along with the equality and diversity monitoring form, returning both to email@example.com.
Date Published: 29 Jun 2022