What is Baby Steps - Money and Advice Project?
Baby Steps is an advice project from Citizens Advice Telford and the Wrekin for new parents, with a focus on finances. The aim of the service is to provide key advice to new parents regardless of their circumstances, in accordance with Citizens Advice's core aims and principles. We are currently offering advice appointments to any new parents who feel they might need advice, and we can be visited at the URL below:
How can we help?
Under the BabySteps Money and Advice Project, we will be advising new parents on:
- Checking entitlement, Child Benefits, Universal Credit, Maternity Pay/Allowance, and more...
- Employment Rights
- Rights while pregnant, Maternity rights, and Paternity rights
- Cost of Living Crisis Support
- Checking entitlement for support, Local grant entitlement, Warm space information, Energy advice, and more...
- Budgeting and Debt
- Budgeting advice, Debt options and support, Managing debts, Income maximisation, and more...
- Free childcare options, Paid childcare options, Tax-free childcare, and more...
- Housing & Independent Living
- Private renting advice, Mortgage problems, Discrimination, Problems where you live, and more...