Citizens Advice Telford & the Wrekin

Do you have a complaint?

If we've let you down, let us know

Our aim is to provide the best possible service to our clients and for everyone to be happy with the service they have received. That’s why, if we’ve let you down, we want to hear from you no matter how big or small the issue is.

Can Telford and Wrekin Citizens Advice resolve your issue?

It’s important to us to know what we’ve done wrong, so we can do our best to put it right. Don’t be afraid to speak to the Manager or person in charge of complaints. They will often be able to solve the problem straight away. If they can’t, or you’re still not happy, you can make a formal complaint.

Making a formal complaint

There are several ways to make a complaint. You can write a letter explaining what happened and send it to our address below, or drop it into our premises. Alternatively, you can call or email the Citizens Advice Feedback team (Details below) and they will pass your complaint to the right person. Your complaint will be investigated by someone who isn’t directly involved. If it’s upheld, we’ll apologise fully – and, if appropriate, let you know what we’re doing to put things right.  We aim to respond to every complaint within eight weeks. If it’s going to take longer than this, we’ll explain why and keep you informed of the progress. 

Asking for a review

If you feel we haven’t dealt with your complaint properly, or you aren’t satisfied with the outcome, you can ask us to review the decision. Please make sure you ask for this within four weeks of receiving the decision by contacting the Feedback team. The review will be overseen by our Chief Executive.

Using an independent adjudicator

If you are still not happy with the decision, you can refer your complaint to an independent adjudicator. An independent adjudicator is someone unconnected with Citizens Advice who will decide if we’ve dealt with your complaint fairly. If you want to progress to this stage, you must contact us within four weeks of receiving your review decision from Citizens Advice, Contact the Feedback team.

Contacting the Financial Ombudsman Service

The Financial Ombudsman Service provides a free, independent service for clients to solve disputes with not for profit debt advice providers.

The Financial Ombudsman Service will only step in once Citizens Advice Telford and Wrekin has had the opportunity to investigate a complaint, so please contact the local service first.

If your complaint is about debt advice or if you were seeking advice about your credit record and you are not satisfied with the final response, or if eight weeks have passed since you first let us know about your concerns, you can ask the Financial Ombudsman to review your complaint.


Who to complain to:

Telford and Wrekin Citizens Advice

The chief Executive or Chair of Trustee Board

Suite 4, Syer House, Stafford Park 1, Telford, TF3 3BD

Citizens Advice

Telephone: 03000 231 900
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm


Financial Ombudsman Service
By post:
Financial Ombudsman Service
South Quay Plaza
183 Marsh Wall
London E14 9SR

By phone:
0800 023 4567 – free for people phoning from a ‘fixed’ line (eg a landline at home).

0300 123 9123 – free for mobile phone users who pay a monthly charge for calls to numbers starting 01 and 02.

By email:


Immigration casework complaints

How to complain about immigration advice

You can complain to us or to the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC).

You should complain to the OISC within 12 months of getting the advice if you can.

By Post

Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC)

5th Floor
21 Bloomsbury Street

Tel: 0345 000 0046
Fax: 020 7211 1553

Your call is likely to be free of charge if you have a phone deal that includes free calls to landlines - find out more about calling 0345 numbers.


For our Full Complaints Policy, click here.